Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Gord the Hamster WIP 2


Now the question is whether to draw the hamster or the background first.  Hmmm... Still deciding.  :)

In all honesty, I am thinking that I wish a picture would have been taken of the hand on the right about an hour and a half ago.  It would have been a great example of why NOT to put a lot of detail into a drawing.  Not only did the hand look like it belonged to a centurion but was possibly suffering from some rare disease that left it tiger striped!  This is not the first time that I have detailed a subject to death (and in doing so waste an hour or more!), so the remedy hit me as I got up to go get a drink of water.  As I was walking away, a glance over the shoulder told me to distance myself from the subject and not allow my eyes to focus in on those minute details.  So... the hand was completed with me standing a couple of feet away from the board.  I never thought that I would ever like drawing like that, but it sure helps in this instance. ;) 

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I was just admiring your work, beautiful detail and wonderful subjects.

Debbie

Brenda said...

Thank you so much Debbie... I am so glad that you stopped by! :)