Monday, August 29, 2011

Double Yorkie Portrait 6


Ouch!  It's been a while.  No, I haven't fizzled out on this. ;)   Just got a little side tracked by the busy weekends of August... spending time at the flea markets and had a park days celebration in our small town.  My son brought out his Minneapolis Molines for the town tractor pull.  He won 3 first place pulls and 2 seconds.  How exciting is that???   And in front of the hometown crowd.  I was very happy for him and my hubby aka "the pit crew/chief mechanic". ;)  The local volunteer fire department hosts the event, and they barbecue 1/2 chicken dinners and deliver them to the pull.  Nothing like carry out to make a girl happy!!  It made for a wonderful weekend with the most beautiful weather.

As you can see, I have begun Chester.  The top portion of his head has been blended, highlighted, and darkened.  The side of his face is at the mapping stage right now.  I have gotten quite a bit farther tonight with the mapping, but the light isn't good enough for another pic.  I am anxious to get to his eyes and muzzle area.  They are surrounded by some interesting dark hair that gives so much character to his face.  His chin hairs are more reminiscent of his daughters locks and should tie him into her nicely.  The area of the forehead and ears is smooth and lacking definition, so most of the details will present themselves around the eyes and below.   I will be off from work for a couple of days this week, so I hope to make the same progress on him as I did on his daughter, Bella.   

No comments: