Sunday, May 29, 2011

Baby Turtle 4


As you can see, I have started the baby turtle.  The fingers are all blended,  and they were made darker to balance my values and not have such a "washed out" appearance.  (The hand in the photo reference has a medium tan color.)  The darkest shadows may get a little deeper before this one is finished.  The little body of the turtle takes quite some time to render.  I am taking it slowly.  My hopes were to be close to completing this one over the long weekend.  Unfortunately, I woke up Friday with a pulled muscle in my back.  Grrrrr!   This is the first time that my back has made it torture to sit at the drawing table.  Even though the change is slight, I am happy with the darkening of the hand and the start to the turtle.  I do not believe that I have ever reworked an object more than this hand.  It makes me think that I should have began with the turtle.  The darkness of the turtle is what sets the tone for the rest of the drawing.  Lesson learned!

No comments: