Monday, April 19, 2010

Self Portrait Finished



It took me awhile to get the hair done! I honestly thought it would be easier, since it was pulled back, but that was not the case. As you can see, the light was coming from the back on the right. I took the liberty of making the light not as harsh. If the drawing had a darker background, I could have made the light hitting the hair more stark. Honestly, I prefer it like it is. It was a very harsh photo with stark lights and jet blacks. I also gave the shirt more detail and a nubby finish that it should've had. For my first profile portrait, I am very happy. It is unanimous here that it does in fact look like me and the photo. So, that is a plus!!

What to do next? I am not sure. No predictions this time, since they never seem to work out. I will just take a day to think about it...

3 comments:

Reflections From Life Art Blog said...

Great job Brenda!! I hate doing hair, and I stink at it!! You did wonderfully though. Nice!

Nancy

Nancy Goldman said...

Your drawing skills are wonderful.

Brenda said...

Thank you both so much for your kind comments! Onward to the next challenge...