Thursday, April 1, 2010

Otter Cont. 2



Getting a little bit farther on the otter. Other commitments have been making progress on this one slow to a crawl. So with the luxury of free time this morning, I dove in determined to get his face pulled together!! The background should go relatively fast, since it is very muted, then his whiskers can be put in. I am happy with the progress to date, but the dark values are not close to where they need to be. There will be a lot of 9b involved before this one is finished!

2 comments:

Laure Ferlita said...

Love the "glistening" area on his back and such a sweet face!

My husband saw an otter just this week playing in one of the overflowing ditches out in the rural part of the county - I would give my eye teeth to have seen him too!

Brenda said...

Thanks Laure! I have vowed this year to keep a camera on me at all times. It is amazing what a person can stumble across!