Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dani's Exercise Drawing Cont. 2


Where did Thursday go? Well lets just say it was an artist's holiday! Every once in awhile you have one of those days that settling down to the board just doesn't happen. Can I blame the telephone for ringing?? Anyway, Friday was a very good day for production. I was able to complete the ball. I left some of the holes in the ball blank for now until I decide on the shade of the shirt. It will probably be similar to the other portrait. When the drawing is closer to being finished, I will add some depth to my darks and search out a few more highlights. I am very happy with the reflection from the fingers and Dani's little hand that shows through the plastic. If you want the honest truth, I am relieved that the ball itself is pretty much finished. The false start was a lesson to me on how to begin a drawing and pick out values. I am so glad that panic didn't sway me to shelf this drawing!

No comments: